About the Smart Home integration
The new Google integration - SOMA Smart Home - brings direct integration with the Google Home. Now you can use the Google app to add the Smart Shades devices to Google routines and use the short versions of Google voice commands to control the shades, e.g. "Hey Google, open Bedroom", "Hey Google, close Bedroom", "Hey Google, set Bedroom to 50".
- The latest version of SOMA Connect software have been installed as described here
- SOMA Smart Shades / SOMA Tilt devices have been set up in the Smart Shades app
- SOMA Connect has been connected to the network using Wi-Fi or ethernet cable
- SOMA Connect ID is known. Find out the SOMA Connect ID using the guide here
- It is suggested to disable the previous, now deprecated "SOMA Connect" integration for the best experience
Setting up the Smart Home integration
- Open Google Home app
- Tap the "+" sign
- Select "Set up device"
- Select "Have something already set up?"
- Search for "SOMA Smart Home"
- Enter your SOMA Connect ID when asked
If you get "Please check if you have entered valid SOMA Connect ID" error during account linking then restart the SOMA Connect by unplugging/replugging the power adapter and then try again.
If you have set up new devices and they don't appear in Google Home app you should go through the "Setting up the Smart Home integration" steps again. This will ask SOMA Connect to send all new devices into the Google Home app.