Download the SD Card image from here, password: GetYourSoma
- 2.1.1.soma.connect.zip 887eb0a97d7ab47b7a1e058c27ee6671
- 2.1.1.soma.connect.img bd5aa2b03852b9b683cf9cb43a62abf8
The software has been tested on:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B V1.2
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Instructions for writing to SD card:
- Download and install the software for writing the image to the SD Card (for Linux, Windows and MacOS): https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Select the image in the Etcher program
- Plug in the SD Card to your computer
- Select target in the Etcher program
- Click on the Flash button
- Follow the setup instructions here
Small improvements and bug fixes
- Improved initialisation of the Raspberry LEDs
- Do not handle shade discovery and HomeKit bridge before network addresses are ready
- Do not initialise HomeKit bridge before network addresses are ready
- Fixed a crash introduced in SOMA Connect version 2.0.10 which caused instability for some users
- Improved the speed of getting shade's/blind's position. The improvement applies to SOMA Smart Shades devices with firmware 1.8.0 and newer and SOMA Tilt devices. This improvement is beneficial for
- Apple HomeKit users - device status in Home app gets updated faster.
- Google Home users - "Hey Google, are my blinds open?" gets answered more quickly.
- HTTP API users - /get_shade_state/"MAC" endpoint responds faster.
- SOMA Connect acts now as a HomeKit bridge. Previously you had to pair each Smart Shades device separately, now the pairing has to be done only once. This improves the reliability of connecting and controlling larger number of Smart Shades devices with HomeKit.
- Rewrote the Apple Bonjour protocol component which now has improved handling of changes in network addresses assigned to SOMA Connect.
- Detecting Raspberry Pi devices which have broken Bluetooth
- Fixed Bluetooth instability / error: Frame reassembly failed
- Fixed Smart Shades get current position error with Google Smart Home integration
- Now removing the magic "0" from the device name if present
balenaEtcher version 1.5.58 is not fully compatible with MacOS Catalina yet (see https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/issues/2833 for more info). This issue has been fixed in balenaEtcher version 1.5.63