About the Smart Home skill
The new Alexa skill - SOMA Smart Home - brings direct integration with the Alexa app. Now you can use the Alexa app GUI to control the shades position, add the Smart Shades devices to Alexa routines and use the short versions of Alexa voice commands to control the shades, e.g. "Alexa, open Bedroom", "Alexa, close Bedroom", "Alexa, set Bedroom to 50".
- The latest version of SOMA Connect software have been installed as described here
- SOMA Smart Shades / SOMA Tilt devices have been set up in the Smart Shades app
- SOMA Connect has been connected to the network using Wi-Fi or ethernet cable
- SOMA Connect ID is known. Find out the SOMA Connect ID using the guide here
- It is suggested to disable the previous, now deprecated "SOMA Smart Shades" skill for the best experience
SOMA Smart Home skill is available only in English currently. More languages supported by Alexa will be added soon.
Currently the skill is not yet listed in Alexa mobile app so you should use the following Amazon web pages to enable the skill, link the account and discover the devices:
- Australia https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B088FFRFFX
- Canada https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088FFRFFX
- India https://www.amazon.in/dp/B088FFRFFX
- United Kingdom https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088FFRFFX
- United States https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088FFRFFX
If you get "Please check if you have entered valid SOMA Connect ID" error during account linking then restart the SOMA Connect by unplugging/replugging the power adapter and then try again.
More info about the voice commands can be found here.