About the Integration
Samsung SmartThings integration is now live and working. To get access to this integration you will need a SOMA Connect. Follow the guides to set up your SOMA Connect using either WiFi or wired network. After that the Connect will automatically scan for any SOMA devices that have been already set up.
This integration is meant for the new SmartThings app and is not available for the older SmartThings Classic app. There is a lot of community development on the Classic app as well (https://community.smartthings.com/t/soma-smart-shades-http-api-device-handler-help-required/174802).
The battery level reported to SmartThings will always be 100% right now. This is something we will fix very soon.
- The latest version of SOMA Connect software have been installed as described here
- SOMA Smart Shades / SOMA Tilt devices have been set up in the Smart Shades app
- SOMA Connect has been connected to the network using Wi-Fi or ethernet cable
- SOMA Connect ID is known. Find out the SOMA Connect ID using the guide here
Setting up Samsung SmartThings integration
- Open the SmartThings app
- Click Add and select Device
- Find SOMA Smarthome (not in the Window Treatments category at the moment for some reason)
- Click Smart Shades
- Select Location and Room
- Input your SOMA Connect ID in the box when asked
(be sure to type it in and not paste it from the clipboard)
- Close that page when it reports success
- A list of devices known to that Connect will appear and you can now assign them to rooms as required.
If you get "Please check if you have entered valid SOMA Connect ID" error during account linking then restart the SOMA Connect by unplugging/replugging the power adapter and then try again.
If you have set up new devices and they don't appear in SmartThings app you should go through the "Setting up Samsung SmartThings integration" steps again. This will ask SOMA Connect to send all new devices into the SmartThings app.