Download the SD Card image from here, password: GetYourSoma
- 2.2.0.soma.connect.zip bbb11d0818cc320bc0e0ff44ece029cd
- 2.2.0.soma.connect.img e89dffbea5e489d0078c3620a7ac8d7a
The software has been tested on:
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B V1.2
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
Instructions for writing to SD card:
- Download and install the software for writing the image to the SD Card (for Linux, Windows and MacOS): https://www.balena.io/etcher/
- Select the image in the Etcher program
- Plug in the SD Card to your computer
- Select target in the Etcher program
- Click on the Flash button
- Follow the setup instructions here
Submit a Support Request to request a new feature or to report a bug.
- Added support for SOMA Tilt 2
- Added support for using Morning Mode (for Smart Shades 1/2 and Tilt 2) and Close Upwards (Tilt 1/2) custom functionality from HomeKit. You can use these custom characteristics through the Smart Shades app or through a third party HomeKit app (e.g. Eve for HomeKit)
- Now it's possible to view SOMA Connect version number in the Smart Shades app
- Now it's possible to shut down SOMA Connect from the Smart Shades app
- Fixed issue where it was not possible to control devices having a name consisting only of numbers
Small improvements and bug fixes
- Improved initialisation of the Raspberry LEDs
- Do not handle shade discovery and HomeKit bridge before network addresses are ready
- Do not initialise HomeKit bridge before network addresses are ready
- Fixed a crash introduced in SOMA Connect version 2.0.10 which caused instability for some users
- Improved the speed of getting shade's/blind's position. The improvement applies to SOMA Smart Shades devices with firmware 1.8.0 and newer and SOMA Tilt devices. This improvement is beneficial for
- Apple HomeKit users - device status in Home app gets updated faster.
- Google Home users - "Hey Google, are my blinds open?" gets answered more quickly.
- HTTP API users - /get_shade_state/"MAC" endpoint responds faster.
- SOMA Connect acts now as a HomeKit bridge. Previously you had to pair each Smart Shades device separately, now the pairing has to be done only once. This improves the reliability of connecting and controlling larger number of Smart Shades devices with HomeKit.
- Rewrote the Apple Bonjour protocol component which now has improved handling of changes in network addresses assigned to SOMA Connect.
- Detecting Raspberry Pi devices which have broken Bluetooth
- Fixed Bluetooth instability / error: Frame reassembly failed
- Fixed Smart Shades get current position error with Google Smart Home integration
- Now removing the magic "0" from the device name if present
balenaEtcher version 1.5.58 is not fully compatible with MacOS Catalina yet (see https://github.com/balena-io/etcher/issues/2833 for more info). This issue has been fixed in balenaEtcher version 1.5.63